Thursday, June 23, 2016

Bay Circuit Trail Hike End-To-End Stats

I've compiled a few statistics from my run/hike on the Bay Circuit Trail.  I don't have the best memory but I think they're fairly accurate.


Total distance: 231 miles. Whew!
Distance as the crow fly: 55 miles. If only I could fly.
Trails and dirt roads: 135 miles or 58%.
Paved roads and bike paths: 96 miles or 42%. More road walking on the southern half vs the northern half.
Miles hiked: 128 or 55%.
Miles run: 103 or 45%.
Longest hike: 19 miles. (last day on trail)
Longest run: 30 miles. Good training run for the Damn Wakely Dam Ultra.
Shortest hike: 4 miles (trying to hike north with southbound directions. No Bueno)
Shortest run: 12 miles (my first day on trail)
Elevation gain and loss: 18,000 - 20,000 feet estimated. More elevation gain and loss on the northern half vs the southern half.
High point: Nobscot Hill, 602 feet.
Low point: Northern and Southern Terminus, sea level.
Number of days on trail: 15. Once on snow-covered trail in Rocky Narrows.
Number of nights on trail: 0 (legal camping is scarce).
I traveled through: 37 Cities and Towns.
Green spaces I explored: 54 State Parks, Town Forests and local conservation areas.
Rivers Crossed: 13 (and many more small brooks and streams often getting my feet wet).
Most cemeteries seen on one hike: 3.
Miles driven to and from trail: far too many!
Number of falls: Less than usual :)
Photos taken: 746 Yikes! No wonder it took so long to finish.

If you have any questions about the trail please post a comment here and I'll do my best to answer them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...