Sunday, January 18, 2015

Return To Running?

I'm entering my fourth year away from running. It's difficult to believe it's been that long but the calendar doesn't lie. And the calendar tells me I'll soon be 60 years old. I've never been one to make a big deal about my birthday no matter what my age. Well, maybe once I did. This year is a little different though. I've decided to attempt a return to running as a present to myself. What better gift could there be?

Why now?

The significant bone loss I've experienced in my spine and hip over the the past two years, the continued degeneration and worsening of my cervical radiotherapy and a host of other 'aliments' lead me to believe this may be my last chance for a comeback. If not now, when? After all, I'm aging faster than Usain Bolt in the 100 meter sprint.


Will clouds pass to reveal a brighter day?

2 comments:

  1. :) love u my friend...I wpuld love to run trails again with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are itching to get back to it, go for it!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...