Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekly Training Update - Jun 15 - 21

I completed my second week in a row of 40+ miles and my 3rd in the past month. My current training in terms of total miles is way ahead of where I was last year at this time. I am racing slower this year but I think once I add some speed work and taper for a few goal races I have on my calender, my race performances will improve.

Total Miles: 44.5
Longest Run: 21
# Of Runs: 5
Avg Miles: 8.9
Trail Miles: 82%

I came across this video I took at the Soapstone Mt. trail race in May. It was taken while climbing a 0.3 mile long hill at a 33% grade. Even the leaders walked it! Unfortunately, I was holding the camera at the wrong angle. Maybe you can turn your laptop sideways?

Now you know why my race pace is so darn slow!

2 comments:

  1. Nice build up of mileage. It will pay off for you racing wise down the road for sure.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...